If you want to heal your body of disease, you may want to consider your emotional wellness and just how much it could be affecting your stress levels, anxiety, depression, and even serious illnesses like cancer, no matter how it is you want to improve your life, the first place you want to begin is your emotional mind.
You can heal your body by simply taking care of your emotional wellness. Stress can lead to shortness of breath and block the body from functioning harmoniously. Continued emotional stress can affect the body negatively and lead to illness.
Working on your emotional wellness should be a daily ritual and there are a number of different ways you can help yourself that are really easy.
- Deep breathing is really important and increases the amount of oxygen to the body, which helps fight disease. Throughout the day be conscious of your breathing, deep breath right into your belly about 10-20 times, a few times a day. Relax your face as you do it and even smile, this will make you feel a lot calmer and happier.
- Improve your emotional mind by Dry body brushing every morning. This stimulates your lymphatic and circulation system and also helps rejuvenate the body for hours after. Brushing on dry skin from feet up the body, using sweeping strokes in one direction towards the heart and then follow it with a shower or bath. Using a detox or relaxation essential oil on the body after your shower can hydrate the skin and calm the nervous system.
- Scalp tapping with a rubber cushioned hair brush can relax the scalp and massage the head, this gives instant relaxation and improves the health of your hair.
- Stretching daily helps relieve the body of any tension and encourages you to deep breath as you hold each stretch.
- Yoga is a great way to relax the mind and body, depending on the type of yoga you choose it’s also a fantastic workout for the body.
- Weight bearing exercise like fast paced walking, jogging, playing tennis can get your heart racing, make you deep breath and forget about your worries, like a forced meditation. Even if it is for 30 minutes, twice a week this will give your mind time out to relax.
- Positive affirmations, which Miranda talks about in her book “Treasure Yourself”, keeps you in the right frame of mind, thinking positively helps you appreciate what you have and who you are, it helps balance you.
- Learning to meditate helps relax your body and mind, start with a really simple 10 minute CD at the end of each day, you will be amazed at how clear your mind becomes.
- Eating lots of raw vegetables and fruit every day helps nourish and calm the body.
Working on your emotional wellness is vital to long term health and using simple techniques like dry body brushing and deep breathing make it easy to achieve calmness and balance.