Organic Tea Tree Hydrosol is one of the most versatile hydrosols available. The hydrosol is a pure bi-product from the steam distillation of the essential oil, so it has many of the same properties and a plethora of more uses than the pure essential oil.
There are many things that a pure oil cannot be used on, where the hydrosol can. So the benefits of having a hydrosol in your medicine cabinet are huge.
Lets very briefly talk about Tea Tree itself.... Tea tree is anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, a great disinfectant, anti-inflammatory, analgesic and as a hydrosol is an excellent astringent. I might write another blog later about all the details of Tea Tree, but for now, I want to list all the possible uses for the Tea Tree Hydrosol. Let's see how many I can come up with...
1. Body Brush Disinfectant - spray after every use to keep it bacteria free.
2. Facial Toner Spritz - excellent astringent for acne prone skin in particular, but can be used by all skin types.
3. Aftershave - great for those that suffer from razer burnt skin.
4. Flea retardant for Pets - safe to use on pets as a spray for prevent fleas, or even as an anti-bacterial on paws when they come inside the house, you can also add to their wash or rinse water.
5. Air-freshener - can use as a room spray or in a diffuser.
6. Anti-septic - a great wound spray for any cuts and scratches to prevent infection. (safe for babies and pets too)
7. Dandruff & Itchy Scalp - prevents itchiness from dry scalp and gives great relief while the anti-inflammatory properties soothe and reduce redness.
8. Hair Brush Disinfectant - spray after every use to keep it bacteria free.
9. Refreshing Body Mist - especially great for those who suffer from body breakouts from sweat and exercise.
10. Hair Lice Deterrent - you can either spritz the hair and scalp directly or use as a hair rinse.
11. Insect Repellant - a great spray to use when going on a picnic or to the beach to prevent midgie bites and others.
12. DIY Face Masks - you can use Organic Tea Tree Hydrosol as a mixing agent when making face masks at home with bentonite clay, Macha tea etc... just use it in place of oil or regular water.
13. Feminine Douche - can be very effective used diluted for thrush or yeast infections.
14. Makeup Brush Disinfectant - spray after every use to keep them bacteria free.
15. Treat Athletes Foot - Tea Tree is anti-fungal, or any fungal infections can be sprayed.
16. After Wax Spray - helps to take down any redness after waxing (or shaving) and soothe the skin.
17. Deodorant - spritz on the body to prevent odour (feet, underarms etc), eliminates odour caused by bacteria.
And that's all for now. If you can think of any other uses for our Organic Tea Tree Hydrosol, please make sure to comment below and I will be sure to add it to the list. I hope you have discovered some new ones from reading this blog post and put them to use.
Happy Brushing (and spraying)
Author: Rebecca Gaspert | 22 Jan '18